Monday, December 7, 2015

Peace on Earth - A Mystery Quilt - Day 4

It's Day 4 and we're paper piecing again!  Today's block is a little bit more involved than the pine tree we did on Day 3.  It's comprised of four sections that you'll paper piece separately and then stitch together to create the final block.

Without further ado, here's the link to the foundation pattern for today's block and an EQ sketch of what the block will look like when it's finished:




Here are my four paper pieced sections:


And my final block!

The final block should measure 6½" x 6½" unfinished.  I used a couple of my lighter dark blues for the blue around the roof and put the darker of the two in the chimney section of the block.

And that's it!  Just to review, we've now made three friendship stars, 10 HSTs, one pine tree, and one cabin:




Think you know where we're headed??  

On Day 5 we'll be using traditional piecing to make another one of my favorite simple blocks.  Can't wait!!