Friday, December 19, 2014

In Search of Christmas Spirit - Day 18


Day 18:  Christmas Cards


Did I mention that last night's post was going to be short?  Oops, I meant tonight's post is going to be short.  I'm just getting back home from another shindig, this one a cookie swap party.  I now have at least 25 varieties of cookies in the house.  No need for additional cookie baking!!  But parties two nights in a row means that while my Christmas spirit is high, I'm a smidge on the tired side, so tonight is going to be a quickie.

My Christmassy thing for the day was sending off our Christmas cards.  I'm probably a bit late, but I'm optimistic that the cards will make it in time for Christmas, at least to the American addresses  -- sorry Canadian relatives if the cards are late!

Here's the photo that I used for the Christmas card:

Ethan, Grayson, Brian and Casey

It's not exactly Christmassy, it's actually our kids on the first day of school, but for once all three kids were smiling AND had their eyes open in the same picture.  Casey, however, was being less than cooperative -- I have no idea what she was looking at in the distance.  I can't help but smile when I look at this picture and I'm hoping it has the same effect on our Christmas card recipients.  Spreading joy, very Christmassy.

5 days until Christmas!!