Saturday, December 13, 2014

In Search of Christmas Spirit - Day 12


Day 12:


Tonight we went to see my daughter perform in "Cyrano de BurgerShack," and while it wasn't a very Christmassy thing to do, it did wonders for my spirit.  "Cyrano de BurgerShack" is a pop musical (yes, that's right, more theater speak) and the kids did such a great job singing, dancing, and acting.  My jaw is sore from smiling for 2 hours straight!


Here's a photo of the City Hall that houses our local Opera House.  If you look closely, you can just make out the Christmas lights in the cupola.  Pretty Christmassy, right?


This is my daughter after the show, hamming it up in her prom chaperone costume.


And just because it cracks me up, here is a a picture of my daughter's idea of flower arranging.  Her technique is very simple -- shove one bouquet on one side of a vase and cram another bouquet in on the other side.  I just love that girl...


Now after a long day that started with an away hockey game and ended with a night at the theater, and with more of the same on deck for tomorrow, it's time for me to head upstairs for a long winter's nap.