Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snow Day

Yesterday the kids and I had a snow day.  The snow fell all day and I went to bed last night with 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground and a renewed appreciation for the joy that is a snow day...

10 Blissful Things About a Snow Day

10.  The Christmas morning expressions on the kids faces when they learn that school has been canceled.

9.  Lingering over that first cup of coffee.  

8.  Snowflakes falling among birch trees.

Our yard at 6:30 this morning
7.  Dinner bubbling away in the crock pot (Mexican steak and beans -- the recipe I used is from the BHG's Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes, but I found the same exact recipe on-line).

6.  Listening to the kids laughing and Casey barking while they play outside.

5.  No homework.

4.  Warm, freshly baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  Yummy!, (but I would reduce the flour to 1 1/4 cups next time).

3.  Watching my youngest make a snowman for me.



2.  Staying in pajamas until 4:00 pm.

1.  Spending the entire day in my sewing room.  Bliss...

Ahhh, New Hampshire...