Monday, October 31, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Seems strange to use the title "Winter Wonderland" for a post written on Halloween.  That is until I look out my window at the 6 inches of snow that still remain on the ground after Saturday night's nor'easter.  Instead of jack-o'-lanterns on my front lawn, I've got two snowmen and a snow-manatee (complements of my creative daughter).  The snow has me in a winter frame of mind so today I'm going to introduce you to my Winter Wonderland quilt.

Winter Wonderland



Winter Wonderland is a scrappy table runner featuring pine tree borders and snowball blocks in shades of ivory and blue.  The simple piecing and big stitch method I used for quilting made this project fast, fun, and easy to create.  Good news!

But the best news of all is that this quilt is featured in the American Patchwork & Quilting 2012 Calendar!  That's right, call me "Miss January!"  I guess if you're not exactly calendar girl material, having one of your quilts in a calendar is definitely the next best thing.  I've gotten a sneak peek at the calendar and it is gorgeous.  The quilts and the photography are stunning and the calendar comes with patterns/instructions for each of the featured quilts.  Look for the calendar at your favorite quilt shop or, to order, call 1-800-826-4707.



So while it may not officially be winter yet (all evidence to the contrary), it's never too soon to start a project for your winter table -- or to treat yourself to this beautiful calendar.

Oh, and by the way, Happy Halloween!